Innovation Grant Information
What Is a mini-grant proposal?
Teachers are always looking for additional resources to help them in bringing innovative experiences to students. The E3 Innovation Grant is a voluntary, competitive application. It will fund innovative and creative projects up to $1000 for materials, experiences, and/or equipment needed for a specific project which will enrich the classroom or school's current programs. The grants will be awarded to those projects that advance the curriculum, pilot a program, or encourage some creative, innovative effort.
E3 is seeking to identify projects for potential funding. We encourage all interested teachers to submit a grant proposal for a project they consider being of significant enhancement to Etiwanda students. The potential projects may span the curriculum, but should provide some innovative academic or enrichment instruction. Monies are to be used for materials, productions, instruments, trips, curriculum and more. Monies may not be used for salaries, stipends, training, or personal benefit. All materials purchased are property of the Etiwanda School District.
Grants are reviewed and awarded by the E3 Foundation. The Foundation does not have funding to accept all proposals. Since proposals vary in financial need, the number of grants awarded cannot be determined in advance of submissions, and will be based on the total amount of E3 revenue allocated to this project year. Currently, this amount is $5,000.
We encourage your participation in this venture. The foundation members are grateful for your commitment to educational excellence, and we appreciate all the donations from staff, parents, and community businesses which allow this program to exist.
Applications due in the E3 mailbox at the ESD office by September 26, 2019
What criteria will be used to select proposals?
The E3 Innovation Grant Committee will be using the following criteria:
1. Completeness of the application;
2. Compatibility of mini grant with existing school initiatives and practices;
4. Degree to which grant idea cannot be met by current school budget;
5. Degree to which the project may be replicated; and
6. Promise for immediate and future successful impact on pupils.
What are E3's expectations in awarding the Innovation Grant?
In addition to supplying a completed application by the due date, the following is expected:
1. The applicant will complete the project as designed;
2. The applicant will complete and submit the follow-up financial portion;
3. The E3 foundation will be able to photograph, with student permission, your program;
4. The E3 foundation will be able to publicize the award, and post to our web site;
5. The grant recipient will attend a Board of Trustee's Meeting to receive their award; and
6. The grant recipient will thank the Foundation via writing or photo or Facebook posting.